We host an annual conference providing professional development for Morning Edition hosts and producers from across the country. We’ve had people from stations as big as WNYC in New York and as small as KUAC in Fairbanks, Alaska.
We have exciting news for HostCon this year! Not only are we able to have an in-person component, we’re opening up the conference for member station hosts and producers from ALL DAY PARTS!
There are 35 in-person spots available on a first-come-first-served basis. In order to attend in person, you must be fully vaccinated and able to show proof. Everyone else will be able to participate virtually. Our gathering will be Nov. 11 and 12 at WBEZ in Chicago.
We are still working to confirm aspects of the schedule, but here’s what you can expect:
Friday Nov. 11
12 p.m. CT
A “brown bag” session focused on mental health and ways to combat burnout with Dr. Kira Mauseth, a clinical psychologist and senior instructor at Seattle University.
Saturday Nov. 12
9:30 a.m. to 4:15 p.m. CT
- A conversation with Jennifer Brandel with Democracy SOS, a program developed by Hearken and the Solutions Journalism Network with a focus on building understanding, trust and engagement to help reduce polarization
- A discussion with NPR White House Correspondent Scott Detrow
- Best practices for hosting with Christina Shockley
- Voice training with Sarah Ballema
- Training on the art of the 2way with WBEZ’s Ariel Van Cleave
We also have been able to set aside a batch of tickets for a live taping of Wait Wait… Don’t Tell Me! for those joining us in person in Chicago. That’s scheduled for Thursday Nov. 10. Again, first-come, first-served.
This year’s registration cost is $250 for in person and $150 for our virtual option. You can register for the conference here.
Hilton Inn Garden Downtown
ACME Hotel Company
DoubleTree by Hilton
Get in Touch
PO Box 61363
Seattle, WA 98141
Send Us a Message
HostCon Fund is a non-profit, tax-exempt organization.
Copyright HostCon 2019 – All rights reserved